Monday, January 18, 2010

Did you feel what I felt????

Many people have heard about the earthquake that hit Guatemala on Monday morning. In the light of what recently happened in Haiti, it was nothing. It did register at 6.0 on the Richter Scale but no reports death or damage..................just enough to shake you up a little, literally.

I had gone to lake Atitlan to play with a new camera. I was getting ready to go have breakfast and then I heard the wind blowing. I looked out the window and the trees were actually moving! The windows began to rattle........and then the floor moved. That is when it hit me, "Here goes another earthquake!" The trash can bounced around a few inches. The pictures on the wall could not decide if they were going to fall or just sway. It lasted long enough for me to think, "This is enough......enough."

After the excitement, I went and had that breakfast.

Photos of Lake Atitlan around 11am.




My return to Chichi was uneventful..............now it is time to get back to work!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm glad you're safe and sound. For some reason, the earthquake in Haiti had me thinking about you and wondering how things were going there. Freaky that an earthquake happened there!

You've been a busy girl...I've been buzzing through your days much faster than they've gone for you!

What wonderful work you and the team are doing.

Hugs from TN!