Friday, December 12, 2008

We wrapped up the year in Choacaman IV

Today was our last clinic of the year and it ended well. We had 21 patients with a wide range of problems but the leading illness was diabetes.

All of us have struggles and it is interesting how people handle their daily problems. Lisa spent a lot of time talking to a man that has a problem with drinking. This young man is a Christian......and yes, Christians have problems. Lisa talked to him about prayer, his relationship with God, the strength that the Holy Spirit can provide and the responsibility that he has to his family. My prayer is that he went home and thought about what was said.

This sister, Elena, is sewing these beautiful aprons and selling them. Lisa bought a couple and I bought one too. It is not for me but will be a gift for a special friend. I can not say who because I want it to be a surprise........she might be reading the blog :)

So, when we return to Choacaman, it will be 2009! I hope that in 2009 our clinics will continue to grow, God will continue to bless the work here in Guatemala and more people will accept Christ and His teaching...........this is what it is all about!

No comments: