Thursday, December 11, 2008

Busy clinic in Lemoa

Today was a busy day in Lemoa but a good one. We had 34 medical patients, 12 dental patients, 11 patients for dental cleaning and 4 patients that wanted glasses.

A few months ago, Josefina and I made a house visit to a gentleman that was basically staying in bed because he had lost his sight due to cataracts. His name is Tomas. His family has been coming to the clinic pretty regular because his granddaughter had been burnt severely. We visited Tomas and he was very discouraged but wanted to try surgery in Montellano.

Tomas went to to Montellano for the eye clinic which was a great success for him! Today when I went to talk to him, I asked him if he remembered me. He told me no because he could not see me before. He then took off his glasses, started smiling and laughing while patting my head and said, "But now I can see you and your hair!"

This is Tomas and his daughter.

What an exciting time for this gentleman and his family. To Tomas, life has a new meaning because he can be active again.

2 comments:

Kemmel and Lisa Dunham said...

This guy saluted me when I said hi to him and asked him if he could see my face this time. He said, "oh, you have curly hair, and I can see your earrings!" He was so excited that he could see again. Thanks to God and to our ofthalmologists who worked last week!

Sheri said...

Yes, he was great! It is exciting to see a life changed. Many thanks to God and the medical staff!