Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Clinics in Xepocol and Chuguexa

For the last two days I have done clinics with Lisa and I have enjoyed it. Yesterday we had 13 patients in Xepocol. It seemed to be a pregnancy clinic since we had 4-5 pregnant ladies. I have never done a lot of OB so this is a new area for me. We had a couple that we could hear the babies heart beat and that was exciting.

One lady that touched our hearts has a husband who is very sick and has stopped eating. His problems started with his eyes, he then he lost his sight and now is unable to walk. Gaspar talked with her for quite a while and she seemed receptive to what he said. We are praying that she will visit The Church in Xepocol and they will be able to offer spiritual support to her and her family. His name is Sebastian.

Today our clinic was in Chuguexa with 20 patients. Today was not a pregnancy clinic but seemed to be a diabetic clinic. We had 6 diabetic patients with all but one doing well. This one gentleman comes back when he has not had medicine for several weeks so there is no way of knowing what his sugars are running when he is talking his medicine. I have had this discussion with him several times and education is such a large factor.

I saw this patient in September when she was pregnant with her baby. Today she came for a visit and brought her 20-day-old-baby with her.

The baby is precious.
Tomorrow we will be in Clinica Carris. I will help Lisa with patients if there are quiet a few and if not then I will help Kemmel with the inventory. It is time to be wrapping up the year so it is a busy time. I have received the calendar for the first two months of 2009 and I think it will be exciting. I will be doing some clinics with Lisa and some with Josefina, helping develop some new clinics, helping with education, spending time at Clinica Ezell and who knows what else.......more adventures lie ahead!
























No comments: