Thursday, December 4, 2008

Time for new adventures

As my time in Antigua winds down, as always, I have mixed emotions. I always feel I should have learned more or done more but it is time to move on.

Sunday was my last day of worship with The Church here in Antigua. I spoke a few minutes to one of the ministers and told him that I thought the congregation has grown a lot in the last year. He agreed and then asked that we pray for The Church here. He told me that the Catholicism is very strong here in Antigua and that is evident. So, I have placed his request on the right side of the blog. I have also placed there a prayer request from one of the teachers in the school, Teresa.

Many people ask what they can do for the work here and there is always a need for prayer. Writers in the New Testament frequently encouraged each other with prayer and often reminded reminded each other of this. We should do the same. We always need prayer for the work, the promoters, our safe travel and that the patients have interest not only in physical needs but spiritual needs as well. Please see that there is also an area for thanksgiving. As we see our prayers answered, we should give thanks. I try and update these areas as needs arise.

Tomorrow will be my last day in class and on Saturday we will go to Montellano for the ABC Celebration. Lisa and Kemmel will drive through Antigua on Saturday morning for me. They are great chauffeurs!

I will only have one week in Santa Cruz and then head to The States for the holidays. I am looking forward to spending time with my family, visiting South Fork Church of Christ, visiting with many people, and going to a UNC Basketball game........Go Heels!

This photo was taken from my hotel yesterday as the sun was going down.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! A postcard moment! see you very soon-- Sally