Saturday, September 20, 2008

We had some sunshine!!

As soon as I stepped out of the house today, I felt something different.....it was sunshine, it was warm and it was wonderful!!

I met Gaspar and Juan in Chichi and then we headed to Chuchipaca. We ran across one small mudslide but we made it through without much of a problem. Today we had 13 patients and it was a good clinic. Juan, from Chuchipaca helped me with translation. Sometimes I can follow the idea of the conversation and then other times, I am lost.

When clinic was over, I heard some children outside playing. They were climbing the trees and ready to pose for the camera.

As we were getting ready to pack up, one lady came bringing her 8 month old child with a fever and a terrible cough. The child had been sick for 3 days so I was glad we were there when they arrived.

I guess tree climbing is a universal sport.



When I first moved here, Josefina took Gaspar and I to a Chinese Restaurant. I found it again last week and it was great. I thought about going there again for dinner tonight but when I arrived home, it was raining hard again and the best thing was to get the truck parked and stay in for the evening. I enjoyed a salad, some bread and of course a diet coke.

All is well........I am still waiting for two patients to call me saying that they want to attend worship with me tomorrow.......there is still time for them to call.

Goodnight and have a great weekend!

No comments: