Friday, September 26, 2008

Rains and mudslides continue

I have not had any internet in my area for two days because of the rains. Today there was some sun and the internet service began working again.

Today we were suppose to have clinic in Xejox but were told the roads were not safe. There was not sufficient time to schedule another clinic so we decided to use the day to clean the clinic and prepare our things for the upcoming week. Manuel and I also needed some dental work done so we provided Marcos with two more patients :)

It is not very often that all of us get to spend the day together so I decided we would have some breakfast together this morning. When I got home yesterday afternoon, I thought I could make it to the market and back before the rains started........wrong!! I bought a large pineapple, papaya, bananas and bread. As I was running home, the papaya went sailing down the gutter in the rain..........I recovered it and it was ok.

I have always clean, fresh smelling, ironed clothes.......I have just never appreciated washing machines like I do now. When I wash my laundry, I love to watch the soap and the clothes spin around and around the mud and whatever else wash away.........and they smell so fresh and clean. I brought back lavender fabric softener with me and I love it. Yes, I still do iron!

I gave an update on Tomasa a few days ago. She is the little girl with the retinoblastoma that we visited last month. The video clip below was taken the day we visited her family and Lisa is teaching her brother how to thumb wrestle. It was a fun day and they really seemed to enjoy our time together.

No comments: