Sunday, September 2, 2007

The weekend is over.....

Yesterday I traveled to Panajachal and started my Spanish classes. I was disappointed because my teacher does not speak K'iche' and he wants me to do all of the talking. Hmmmmm......I did not know what to talk about. I am not good at just chatting. Well, we will see how the month of September goes.

Sunday morning I started getting caught up on work such as laundry, cleaning and unpacking from when I returned to the States. I was up at 0800 washing clothes in the pila, hanging them on the line and hoping that it did not rain. I was able to study 2 hours so that is some progress.

I hopped a Chicken Bus to Lemoa to meet Lisa and Kemmel. I will have some clinics separate from Josefina this week so I needed to borrow their truck. Many have told me that I am in their thoughts and prayers as I start somewhat of a different role here. I really appreciate it!

When I went to Josefina's house this afternoon, she told me we were going to have worship in a different house. Two men in the community were baptized today and they wanted to host the worship service in their home. There were over 47 people there and it was very encouraging. I pray that these two men will grow in spirit and they will have a close walk with God.

Ok, tomorrow I am off to Pak'ak'ja Xesic with Gaspar and Juan. It will be a good day and I will return home for more studying.

Update: For those that followed the child we saw on July 18th, we received an update. Josefina spoke to someone from that community and child was released from the hospital and is doing very well. God does answer prayer and we give Him the glory. We hope to return to that community as soon as we can because there is a great need there.

No comments: