Friday, September 28, 2007

Clinic in Paxot II



I met Tomas near my house and we traveled to Paxot II to meet the others. Kemmel had picked up Dr. Sowell, his wife Connie, Juan and Manuel earlier in the morning. We began our clinic at 0900 when we prayed with the patients. We saw 12 patients today and most of the cases were skin problems.

The top photo is of Ector and his mother getting medicine from Tomas. Ector has impetigo and is getting some medicine for it

The second photo is deceiving. It looks as if I parked the truck in front of a small tree. In the next photo.......the truth is revealed. If you enlarge the photo, you can see that the man did not mind at all his photo was being taken.

Last night when I came home I found a dove in my terrace. I thought it had fallen, was hurt and would not be able to get out since it was still there this morning. Tomas and two other guys came home with me and carefully put the dove in a box and offered to take it to their home. I was very thankful.........until the owner of the house came home tonight and asked if she could come in my terrace to get her dove! My heart sank. I told her what had happened and that I would get her dove back. I have tried several times to call Tomas but he does not answer his phone......... I am afraid he and his family are home EATING the dove.........I will keep you posted.....

No comments: