Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tuesday Clinic



OK, another day in the Operating Room. Today was another long day and I was able to pass instruments (using the term loosely) on two cases. We started at 0800 and finished at 1910. Dr. Bob Elder was very patient with me and I learned alot.

The first photo is of me positioning a patient for an epidural.......during the epidural.......I will protect you from the graphic details of the Operating Room.

The last photo is of the table of instruments......yes, they have to count EVERY needle, gauze and instrument before, during and after the operation. And if the count is NOT correct, well I would not want to be around :)

There were 18 surgeries done today. So far all of the patients have done well and there has not been any complications.....gracias a Dios.

Tonight after dinner a group of us went to sing to the patients. We really enjoyed doing it and we also hoped it would uplift their spirits.

Gaspar, Tomas and I will be head back to toward Chichi tomorrow morning. Dr. Dickerson will go with us and help us in our clinics until Friday. On Friday we will head to Antigua and have dinner with the group before they fly back to the States early Saturday morning.






















2 comments:

Jackie said...

Man, I got all teary eyed when I heard the singing and saw the pics of everyone. Don't know if you'll get this before you head to antigua but if you do say hi to everyone for me...marie, dennis and elaine, carlos, lisa and kemmel. Man I wish I was there. I also wish I was able to come in October but that is not possible this time around. I am planning for January, though, and am hoping lynn will join me again.
Well, take care and God bless!!
Love Jackie

Anonymous said...

Cool! You're learning to scrub. I can't wait to see you in Oct. Hopefully you'll get to work in the OR with me. The people at FMC have been very nice. I tried calling Sally today, but didn't reach her. I thought about the group this morning that would be leaving to return home. It's always bittersweet. God bless! Love, Grace