Monday, January 21, 2019

Forward with Chuchipaca Ladies Class

Last year, I began a series on Proverbs, chapter 31, on the Virtous Woman.  This was a class requested by the ladies and we needed to postpone it for a few months. Now, we are up and running again and have a class planned for every month of this year.

I was encouraged since it has been awhile since we met. When I asked a question, they responded with good memories.  What is the name of the virtuous woman?  Where did she live?  Who was being given this advise?

I like to use a lot of examples when I teach, of ways that they can apply what we read. To tell someone that they need to be virtuous, is not enough. How do you lead a virtuous life? What  characteristics are present?  What do I need to change in my life to make this occur?  Examples here in Guatemala are sometimes difficult since the culture is different, but no less important.

There were around 30-35 people present.  This photo is one fourth of the seating in Chuchipaca.

The Power Point that I am using for the class.  Maria translated for me into K'iche' and she did a great job!


Lisa holds a clinic here every Saturday and that clinic continues to do very well.

We will meet again in two weeks and I look forward to our time together.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You are such a good teacher, Sheri!!!!!!