Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Clinic in San Jorge and Meet Manuel Junior!

This morning, I stopped and picked up Manuel before heading out to San Jorge.  I have not introduced your to Manuel yet, who is our newest employee!

I met Manuel the first time in Montellano, when he was helping with some surgical clinics. Manuel lives in Xepocol, recently finished nursing school in Xela and now is working with us.  When he and Manuel Sut work together we refer to them as Señor Manuel and Manuel Junior.  It is kind of funny watching their response!

I think that Manuel Junior will wear many hats with us, as does Señor Manuel.  Manuel Junior is a nurse, working as a promoter, is learning the pharmacy, does dental cleanings and now is learning how to drive................we appreciate him a lot and his willingness to do what is asked of him.

Since I was just riding, it was a good time to take a photo of the drive back to Chichicastenango.

San Jorge is much different than Chichicastenango, where I live. Chichi is about 6,500 ft. in elevation.  San Jorge is only about 700 ft. and is very hot and dry.  They harvest corn twice a year and primarily use their water to keep their crops alive.

We had a small medical clinic today and we expect that.  Dental won the competition with about eleven patients.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Beautiful pictures, Sheri!!! I am soooo looking forward to my, visit!!!!