Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Clinic in Patzite

Today we had clinic in Patzite. Martina and I met in Chichi and took a different route than usual due to a bridge being closed.  We met Aura, Brenda and Tomas where we hold clinic. We unloaded the trucks and began our day.

We usually have a lot of competition here and I always lose.  Aura is competitive and I enjoy that and I do not mind losing to her on patient load.........I do prefer to win but I know when the odds are stacked against me.

It was a chilly day so it was nice when they called us for lunch.  We had beans, rice, tamalitos, chili and coffee. We used the tamilitos as hand-warmers before we ate them.

As many areas around Guatemala continue to grow, up go the houses, buildings, offices and different constructions.  This is my view from where I see patients. The building has recently been painted lime green, I think that is the color :) :) and the stairway was added on.

Right away, I thought of the Led Zepplin song, Stairway to Heaven.

There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven.
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for.
Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven.

So anyway.........medical finally tied with dental, each having eleven patients.  For the first time, I could have won but I did not charge last the patient that arrived after lunch.  She was the daughter of the lady that helped prepare that wonderful lunch. No, it was just a sidewalk consult :) :) :)

While Revelations gives us an idea of what heaven will be like, I am sure that it is something even more beautiful that the writer of  this song imagined. It is not something that I spend a lot of time thinking about. Our human mind, directed only by human experiences can not fathom eternity. We are too time oriented. It can not understand being face-to-face with God Almighty. Being in total light with no darkness or in a sinless existence, is not something we can comprehend.

I only trust that God will make it as perfect as He has promised.  I would rather spend my time preparing myself and helping as many who would like to make that journey. I want to be sure that I will be climbing that stairway to heaven.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

❤️ Thank you for your thoughts.

Mom said...

I feel that thinking about heaven, daily, helps me to live and to do better. I don't want to miss it either and nothing in this life is worth missing it for!!!!! I want to do my best to help those around me, so that they can go, also!!!!!