Tuesday, May 30, 2017

MET Students Arrive

The MET Students have arrived in the Chichi area.  Yesterday, Lisa and Kemmel  brought four students that will be with us for a few weeks.  Then during the remaining weeks of the program, we will have the students that are currently in Montellano.

We headed to Patzite this morning.  I stopped and picked up Martina, Enrique and Aura.  When we arrived in Patzite, Tomas was there with the two students, Jonas and Jackson.

We quickly unloaded the trucks and set up clinic.  Jonas worked in dental, while Jackson worked with the medical area..  He did the vital signs and then sat in on the consults.

This is Jackson doing some of the vital signs.  He is studying chemistry and music.

We finished with fourteen medical patients and dental had seven.

Tomorrow, we will have clinic in Chajbal.  I hope there are two patients in that clinic that we did not have time to see yesterday in Lemoa.  There were so many patients when we arrived, several were asked to attend another clinic.

It was during the MET Program of 2005 that I made my first visit to Guatemala.  I remember it so well.  I had traveled down to spend time with Dr. Jim and Mary Rackley.  Unfortunately, Jim became ill and had to leave early so I was not able to work with him.  Instead, I spent a lot of time with Kemmel and Lisa.  The 12 years has passed very quickly.  I never thought that one day I would be doing a blog about living here.  I appreciate the opportunity to be here and to serve with Health Talents. 

No comments: