Monday, September 2, 2013

Mangrove tour and horseback riding in Monterrico

My travels to Monterrico have been uneventful...........all has gone well.

This morning, Estuardo, my guide, picked me up at 0500 for a tour through the mangroves.  It was beautiful!  We were in a small boat that he maneuvered with a pole.  We were in the mangroves before the sun came up.

The volcanoes Pacaya and Agua. Pacaya is the one to the far left with a little puff of smoke coming from it.

The the sun started coming up............

Water lilies

We saw several bird nests with eggs.

This is a small farm that they harvest palm leaves.........to be used in weaving baskets, hats and many decorations.  It is also home for several cows and later we saw them bathing in the river.  They were huge!  Nothing like what we have in Chichi.

In the afternoon, I went for a walk on the beach and then horseback riding.

Then, there was time for a quick manicure..............a full day!

Soon, it will be time to head back to Chichi.................I have really enjoyed Monterrico and think I will be back!

5 comments:

Mom said...

The pictures are beautiful!!! I can't believe that you sat still long enough to get your nails done:) Very nice!!!!

Dad said...


The pictures are very good.. I would like to know what kind of eggs those were. They are big enough to take home and fry.

What is the white thing at the left of the mangrove picture. Your nails look good. I bet you had a good time.

Sheri said...

Dad, it was an egret that had just taken off.

Sheri said...

Click on the photos twice and see the cows! They were great.

Anonymous said...

What a nice trip, my friend! Hope you can go again soon!