Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Clinic and closed road.......

This morning, Kemmel called and asked if I had felt the earth shake some more.  I had not and for that, I am thankful...........but other situations were shakin' beside earthquakes.

The heavy rains that we have had has continue to erode the highway until it no longer exists.  It is a very sad situation since three people have died and they are still trying to recover two of them.

In the first photo, you can see the large warehouse on the left.  Kemmel has wanted to put a pool in there since it is close to their house but the area may be used for a new road.


People are getting really close to the edge........a little too close for me.

As you can see, the highway just does not exist any longer.  It has fallen off the cliff.  Who knows how far under the highway the road has been eroded?

The people sitting with the firemen and policeman are family members of the people that are missing.  Very sad and traumatic...........

Later this afternoon, I met the sister of the lady that has died.  I feel so bad for the family.  There is just nothing you can say or nothing you can do.

We had clinic this morning in Chuguexa.  It was a small clinic of only 11 patients.

In May, I had taken a young man to Quiche, when his blood sugar was over 500.  He returned in two weeks and he was much better.  He was taking medicine, watching his diet and had gained some weight.  I was very encouraged because his blood sugar had dropped below 250.  In June, I had the opportunity to meet his dad and we talked about Tomas and how sick he was........but again, he was doing better.  Then, he never came back to clinic.  They told me today that he has died. 

Tomorrow, we will have clinic in Lemoa.  The buses, vans and tuc-tucs have threatened to go on strike and not provide service.   We will see what happens.......................

No comments: