Saturday, July 13, 2013

Disappointement........

I studied this morning at home and continued to think of the lady that we took to the hospital yesterday.  About noon, I decided that I wanted to go and visit her.  The visitation at the national hospital is at 2pm-3pm in the afternoon.

I took a van to Quiche and then walked to the hospital.  It was such a pretty afternoon and I enjoyed it.  When I arrived at the hospital, I did not recognize anyone.  Usually, people start talking to me since they remember me from the community but not today.

I went back to the woman's ward but they could not find her.  I went to the surgical ward but she was not there either.  I then went back to the emergency area where we were the day before.

The man at the desk told me that she was not there.  I asked what had happened and he told me that she left, against the advise of the doctors.  I thanked him and then left.........as I was walking across the parking lot, it hit me!  She had not stayed!  She had gone home!  This lady that was so sick yesterday, really went home!  My heart just sunk and I can not tell you how disappointed I was.

I try to be flexible and roll with punches.  Today, I did not roll very well.  I will try to find out more about her and what happened.  We will see........

As Lisa often reminds me............we are not the patient's family.  I just need to remember this.

1 comment:

Mom said...

My heart aches with you!!!!