Friday, July 12, 2013

Clinic in Mactzul V

This morning, several of us headed out to Mactzul V.  I stopped and got Sandra, then Ceci, and then Maria.  We met Manuel in Mactzul, since he already had the dental equipment.

For those who have been here, when you ask how long it will take to get somewhere, you probably have heard me say, "It depends on what is in the road."  Today, was a perfect example of this.

This man have three cows and two dogs and they were just truckin' down the road.  This problem was the cows would not stay on one side.  One would change sides and then the other two would follow.  At first, nothing was said because this is not uncommon but then it because humorous.   Ceci pulled our her camera and took this photo.

One lady came to clinic after lunch and she was very, very sick.  She could barely walk, had severe abdominal pain, had fever, her heart was beating very quickly and had been vomiting.  After I examined her, I told her husband that I thought she needed to go to the hospital.  She is only 34 years old and what would happen if she went home and continued to get worse through the night.  He quickly agreed and they waited in the truck while I saw the last patients.

When everyone finished, we loaded up and I slowly drove to Quiche.  The lady was in so much pain, I asked them if they wanted to go to Chichi instead.  They said they would rather go to Santa Elena in Quiche, which is a national hospital.

When we arrived, one of the emergency room employees came out to help her.  He could tell that she was very sick.  She seated her right away and started taking her information.  Please pray for her.  Her name is Tomasa.  I will try and go to visit her tomorrow or Sunday.  I will keep you posted.

No comments: