Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I do more laundry than I cook!

Well, it was time to break down and buy more propane for my stove.  I teased Lisa and Kemmel when I told them, "You know I do more laundry than I cook!"  It is more of the truth than I can admit.  For me, it is more important to wash my sheets 2-3 times a week, than to cook.  It is just too easy to find something to eat in Chichi, in the streets :)

Today, I traveled with Martina and Cesar as we went to Mactzul II. We met Tomas, Enrique and Marcos there.  We had a small clinic and then enjoyed lunch.

A few months ago, I introduced Cesar to you.  He lives in Chuchipaca and will be working with our ABC program.  Today, he met with parents and children of the ABC Program to see what their needs are.

He started the meeting about 2:30 and finished about 4:30.  I went in for a quick photo but it distracted from the class, so I left after just a minute. There were between 25-30 people present.

Some of the students left after about an hour and I was sitting on the steps. They wanted to practice some multiplication, so we did that.  The last thing they discussed was finding words with 3, 4 and 5 syllables.  It was fun thinking of words and helping them count the syllables.  We do this in our English classes to help with correct pronunciation.

Cesar and I made our way back to Chichi when he finished the class.  I told him that I want to help him more with his classes.  I want him to enjoy his work, have the help he needs and to see the children do better in school.

Tomorrow, Enrique, Cesibel and I will travel to Chuguexa.

No comments: