Saturday, February 23, 2013

Clinic in Chicua and to the hospital

Today, Manuel and I went to Chicua for clinic.  We had a small clinic but it was a good day.

The first patient was very, very sick.  She is a diabetic and has not been to the clinic for five months.  Her blood sugar was 520 and she could barely stand up. She was severely dehydrated. I told her and her daughter that I thought she needed to go to the hospital. At first, they told me no but the more I talked to them, they finally agreed.

After we saw the other patients, Manuel and I drove the patient and her son to Quiche to the national hospital  As soon as we walked in, they put her in a bed.  I was excited about how quickly she was seen.

After I parked the truck, I walked home.  This was the moon.....................very pretty.

When I hear about the diabetic patient, I will let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Ahhhhhh. beautiful...