Sunday, April 29, 2012

Karen's visit to Chichicastenango

This morning, I went to Quiche for worship.  I was saddened to hear that the building was broken in to and their computer and PA system was stolen.  This also recently happened in Josue's community.  How sad........

When we finished, I went to Santo Tomas to meet Karen. Below is the scarf that she brought me.  It was made by the ladies in Chuchipaca.  They have the ability to coordinate colors and their workmanship is very good.

Karen wanted to visit the Utz Batz, the local Fair Trade Store here in Chichi.  They had a lot of pretty things.

We walked around Chichi a little and then it was time for lunch.  We sat outside at Santo Tomas and ordered something to drink as we waited for the food to be served.  I ordered a Diet Coke and for some reason, a couple of bees loved my drink. They were diving for the glass and this is unusual for Diet Coke.  I threatened one of the bees and told him that his life was going to be short if he did not leave me alone.  Then, the waiter told us the food was ready.

When we returned to the table, we began to eat.  I was eating my vegetables and was loving them.  They have great salads and veges at the hotel. Well, something was real crunchy and had an ODD flavor and then it STUNG my gum.............I am sure I do not need to tell you what I was eating!  I tried to discreetly place the remains in my napkin and then Karen noticed something was not quite right. I kept my promise to him..........I shortened his life :)

The waiter was nice and brought me some ice and that helped. Later I took some IBU but my mouth was tender for the rest of the evening.  Another day.......another adventure!


2 comments:

Mom said...

Sheri, The scarf is very pretty but it would look better if you would model it for us!!!

Sheri said...

Yadda, yadda, yadda.........ha ha ha