Saturday, April 14, 2012

Clinic in Chuchipaca

Today, Manuel, Josue and I went to Chuchipaca for clinic. For a few different reasons, it was an exciting day for me. Manuel drove separate since he needed to go to Guatemala City from the clinic. Josue and I rode together and it gave us time to practice English. He is wanting to learn English really bad so we are tackling that with full force. I enjoy teaching English and it is exciting when you see progress. He is very bright and will learn quickly!

We had a good clinic of twelve patients. This is a good number to prevent you from being bored but also not feel rushed with each patient.

There was a wide variety of patients today. One young lady, 38 years old, came that has had seizures for 18 years but does not take any medicine. Her mother said she has them frequently but has never been to a doctor. We had another gentleman that has been coming to the clinic for medicine and he has not had a seizure for 2 years. I hope we have the same positive result in the young lady.

One lady came that is almost 34 weeks pregnant. She was able to listen to her baby's heart with the doppler and she was excited. I am concerned with her weight. She has only gained 2 pounds since her first visit. We talked about foods that were good for her to eat, and needing to remember that she is eating for both herself and the baby. I hope she will return in May for a follow-up visit

One community called me interested in beginning a Bible study for the ladies in that congregation. I look forward to hearing from them again.

After clinic, I delivered the wedding album that I made for Julia and Carlos. I took it to Sandra's home and we had fun looking at the photos. She and her sister liked the book so I told them that when they are married, I will also do the same for them.

This is the newest lamb at our clinic in Lemoa. I think it has the most interesting color combination.

It is now time to rest for the weekend. We have extra activities planned for next week and I will update you on those as we move along!

No comments: