Friday, February 13, 2009

Wrapping up the week..........

This week has been a combination of many different events. As I have mentioned, as also Lisa and Kemmel in their blog, we are focusing on an educational plan at the community level. The program is called Community Health Evangelism or CHE. It will be a lot of work that will develop as we move along. This week I have spent some time at home studying and also have worked some clinics.

Thursday in Lemoa, I was working in the pharmacy with Gaspar. We were counting and packaging medicines when Juan went to the store and bought us some chips. There is a promotion going on and some of the bags have money in them. I did not know it and I thought Gaspar was joking with me when I found a silver package in my bag. I tossed it to Gaspar and told him it was his. He asked me if I was sure..........I said, "Sure!" He opened it up and there was 1 quetzal.........worth about 13 cents.

Today we had clinic in Choacaman IV and this seven year old came for a consult. It was a sunny day and we enjoyed sitting in the court area.

This afternoon Lisa, Josefina and I met to talk more about our direction with the education. Kemmel did some running around and worked on one of the trucks.
Juan and I will head to Montellano on Sunday for a week of surgical clinic. Please pray that the surgical team will arrive safe and that the patients do well. We hope to help them physically while giving them an opportunity to see God's love and to hear His message.




No comments: