Saturday, February 21, 2009

Thursday in Montellano

The surgeries have been completed for the week.........it is a little time for rest......Lorie from TN enjoys her book in the court yard.

OK, I am personally trying to keep Sarita's in Chicacao in business. Every afternoon I took a different group for ice cream. We would walk around the small town and buy watermelons, bread, cookies..........whatever looked good.

On our last evening, there were 19 people that wanted to go and get ice cream. I knew we would have to take the van for that many people so I said I was going to ask for permission. Marjorie told me the keys were in it so we could take it..........no one will argue with Marjorie :) Little did we know, it had NO diesel!! Carlos gave me money........with the diesel light on and the gauge not moving at all..........we prayed our way to Chicacao.

Martha and Mary Ann enjoying the ice cream.

It takes awhile to dip out 19 servings of ice cream. Our little lady has been serving us every afternoon and was sad to know this would be our last trip. I told her I would return in May with another group.

We finished the evening with our devotional by the water fountain in the court yard. People shared their thoughts about the week. For those who were first-timers, many thanked the people who suggested, encourged and practically forced them to come..........all in good fun and very thankful that they were here this week. I am sure many will return next year and probably bring someone with them.

1 comment:

Nita said...

What awesome work you and your ministry are doing.