Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Luck?? Chance?? or the provision of God??

You have read about my sweet, little neighbor that I visit from time to time. About two months ago I was in her home drinking some milk and eating bread with her. Kemmel called me for a minute and asked me what I was up to. I told him and also shared with him that my friend had fallen a few times. He said, "Ask her if she would like a cane." Well, I was a little hesitant to ask because I know some people do not want to use assistance. Before I left her house that day, I gathered enough nerve and asked her. Her response was an enthusiastic, "Si!!"

So.......the search of a cane started but I could not find one.

Last week when I was at Clinica Ezell, I worked the night shift. On Wednesday night, we were all sitting around the nurses station and I was telling Ann and the others about my friend and her wanting a cane. In about 20 minutes, I got up to go check on the patients............and there behind me, leaning against the wall.......was a cane. I almost lost my breath..........I had not seen it. I had worked other shifts and it had not been there. It did not belong to anyone and no one had been seen using it. Even the staff at the clinic told me they had never seen it before.

Today I took it to my friend and her eyes were moist when I gave it to her. Here she is with her cane an a banana that she gave me.


Luck, chance or the provision of God? I have NO doubt which one it is!

No comments: