Friday, February 6, 2009

Clinic in Paxot II

We had our clinic in Paxot II today and that finished the ABC checkups. We had 21 patients with the majority of those being the ABC Children.

Have I told you how cold it is here??? Well, in case I haven't......it is very cold. Between patients, as we were served atole and during lunch we sat in the cooking area around the fire. I was sitting so close I had to be careful that my plastic shoes didn't melt.

The next photo is of the baby that was born on July 10th of last year with spina bifida. Juan and I went to visit the parents in the hospital that afternoon when we received the news. Kemmel spent a lot of time with them as they were traveling to The City for consults for surgery. Lisa told me today that the baby is able to move his legs some and is continuing with physical therapy. The baby is growing as you can see from the photo and is very content.

These were children that were playing outside as we were eating. They were running around in the pila area and having a good time..........probably running to stay warm.

This is the pila area below the cooking area. They were jumping from pila to pila.......

Tomorrow we are headed to Mactzul V to finish the ABC Children in that area.

No comments: