Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday in Mactzul I

Today we had our second clinic in Mactzul I and it was great. This photo is of Tomas and his son. Tomas translated K'iche' for me today. He later told Lisa that his wife was pregnant and would deliver at any time. After lunch, while Gaspar had two some more dental cleanings, Lisa, Lindsey and I walked to Tomas' house to see his wife. She is doing well.......but soon, Tomas' son will have a playmate.

Speaking of Lindsey...........let me introduce to you Lindsey and her husband, Camilo. Lindsey was here in 2006 for six weeks during the Medical Evangelism Training Program. During this time, the students live with families, participate in clinics and learn the culture. Lindsey now is returning as a PA Student and will be here for six weeks. Currently, they are living in Paxot with Juan and his family. Camilo is a great asset as he speaks Spanish, plays with the children and repairs their soccer balls.

This little girl wanted her photo taken. Right before I took the photo, her father placed her arms in this position behind her back. She is a beautiful little girl.

Today was the first dental cleaning offered by Gaspar in this area. He had eight cleanings and taught the ladies how to brush and floss.

After Lisa, Lindsey and I walked to Tomas' house to check on his wife, he wanted to buy a Coke for us. This was a first for me.........coke-in-a bag.


We had a total of 21 medical patients and 8 dental cleanings. It is good to be back in the cool highlands and back in our clinics.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Sheri, I can't believe all that is going on down there! When do you ever sleep. I'm amazed at the beauty of the country and the people. Even that little girl's dress top with the molas on it--beautiful! God bless you and the others in your furutre efforts there.