Monday, January 19, 2009

Full day of surgery

The day began early with completing 17 cases. All of the patients have done well and we are thankful for that. Tonight we again will pray for each patient by name and ask God to continue to heal them.

We are all working different shifts so a few of use went to a nearby town before our shift began. We walked around the market and bought zapote, mini bananas and popcorn balls. I realize that is an odd assortment but it was entertaining........then we went back and tasted everything.

We had to stop for icecream at Saritas..........Lindsey (OK), Carolyn (VA), Michelle (VA), Sarah (KY), and Tina (VW). This is Sarah showing us the zapote.....the right hand is the inside. Most people think it tastes like pumpkin or sweet potato............
Jeremy liked the mini bananas.


I took the zapote through the clinic letting everyone taste it. Emily was with this patient, Eva. Eva can speak English we enjoyed talking to her.


I talked to Josefina and she said they had around 15 patients at the pap clinic today in Clinica Caris. She said they thought they would have about the same number tomorrow. It is a wonderful opportunity to be able to offer more preventive treatment.

Last night we had a special prayer request for a 4 month old baby that needed a heart transplant. Tonight as the devotional concluded, someone received a call saying that a heart had been found and the baby and was in the process of receiving it....................God does answer prayer.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog Sheri!!!! And really good pictures!!! God is GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Sheri! Thanks for keeping your blog updated so regularly. It is such a blessing for me to get to read this and feel like I am in some way still connected with the work that you are all doing down there for the Lord. It also just goes to give me another source of motivation for why I am studying so hard right now. I have a bigger future in mind for me, and I trust God has a plan for me far greater than I could ever begin to have for myself. Blessings with the rest of the week. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I'll keep reading about all your great work down there! :)