Thursday, January 29, 2009

Celebration for Aury

As I have mentioned a few times, Aury will soon be moving to The City and starting dental school. We will really miss her. From time to time I have told her that I have received an email from the school and her classes have been cancelled. The first few times she had a worried look on her face and now she just laughs at me.

We wanted to do something special for her so we created a money tree.......something that is nice for any new student. We grabbed a branch from behind the clinic and attached money to it. Lisa tied the money on with yellow string. We blindfolded Aura and led her outside.

I think it meant a lot to her and we just wanted her to know how much she is appreciated.

A tradition here is when someone gets a cake, they are suppose to take a bit out of it.......and usually someone pushes their face into the cake. Manuel decided this would be his job so he gave her a gentle push.

Martina, Maury and Aury enjoy the cake and sun.

Manuel eats in style as he grabs himself a footstool.
Tomorrow we will go to a new area, Chuisiquel. I will meet Kemmel, Lisa, Juan, Manuel and Maury by the gas station and we will make the trip. I hope that we are an encouragement to The Church and that there are some patients who are interested in hearing more about the gospel. I think it will be a good day.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Pass on my best wishes to Aury. That is exciting for her, I'm sure!! She has been waiting a long time for this dat to come.