Monday, January 12, 2009

Did someone mention ants??

I went to the bus station this morning at 0500 and headed for Antigua. Sarah is studying Spanish two weeks at Christian Spanish Academy. She and her family visited in June of last year and it was great having them here to help during the MET program.

We met in the park and then walked to church. The minister talked about ants and used Proverbs 6:6-9. He talked about how ants have different jobs and responsibilities within their community.........each being equally important.

Sarah and I went to eat lunch at The Sky Cafe. We ate outside on the roof and enjoyed chicken and cheese enchiladas. After we were finished eating, I looked more careful at our table which was covered in glass. Between the glass and the cement table, there were ants running around. Hmmmmmm, I wondered what their job was. I guessed they were the ones responsible for gathering food.

After lunch, Sarah and I went to the top of La Merced Cathedral. I love it up there but unfortunately it was not a very clear day. This is Sarah.......

These are different views of La Merced which I think is very interesting. I love the sculptures of lions in this photo.

We visited different places in Antigua and Sarah took me to an art museum that I had not been in before. It was very interesting with unusual creativeness. One room had a maze that you could walk through that was created with string. Inside was a video........and can you guess what the video was of??? Yes, ants!! It was a video of ants collecting small pieces of paper that were parts of flags from different countries.
After this week of class, Sarah will help in the surgical clinic in Montellano. She asked if she can come back to Chichi and do clinic with us on Saturday and then ride to the coast with us. I said, "Sure!" I love to have people go with us to clinic. So, I am going to ask Dad Kemmel, if I can borrow their Suk to pick Sarah up with.........hmmmm, maybe I better email him before he reads this here :)




No comments: