Monday, November 17, 2008

Quiet Sunday in Antigua

As I have mentioned before, Antigua is usually full of events and activities. There was some type of dancing contest near the park today but it was difficult to see so I passed by. These gentlemen were performing in the street near my hotel.

This is the pila in the hotel where the maid still does all of the laundry by hand. She then hangs the towels and sheets over the railing in the sun to dry. She begins every morning around 0630 by filling the pila with water. This is usually the first thing I hear in the morning..................unless my neighbor is snoring :):):)

The house/ hotel is filled with statues, plants ..................you name it and you can find it here!

Even the cats were being lazy on Sunday as they enjoyed the sun.
Today I started studying in the afternoon instead of the morning. It will be a different schedule but I will get adjusted.
Tonight I am going to a memorial service with my teacher's family. Her husband died a year ago today and she invited me to meet them there. For those who are familiar with Antigua, the service will be in La Merced.






No comments: