Thursday, November 13, 2008

More activities in Antigua

As always there are activities in Antigua......I think they have these activities to prevent us from studying.......just joking! Tomorrow I will take my exam for Grade D. Juliet offered to give it to me today but I want one more night to study.

This is Juliet, my teacher, on the left. Olga, her friend is another teacher at the school. We heard the noise in the street and we all went to watch the parade as it passed by the school.

This is Heidy and she helps with the registration process. She welcomes students each Monday and gives a presentation on the school and what opportunities there are in Antigua for the students.

These were the people participating in the parade. The waiters and waitresses from different restaurants ran through the street carrying their tray of beverages.

I was told that once the beverages fall from the tray, the runner is disqualified but many continued to run with an empty tray.

These were some of the teachers and students cheering the runners on as they passed in front of the school.














No comments: