Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Update on the work in India

I received some more photos from our brethren in India. They continue to persevere through difficult times. Last week they had a cyclone and many of their crops were damaged. The rains and cold continue and they struggle with having clean drinking water. They had to stop the construction on their building last year due to lack of funds so they continue to meet in small houses.

But as I said, they continue to teach and spead the word of Christ. They began the year with the baptism of a young man from their community.

The congregation enjoys some bananas after their worship on Sunday.

I continue to write Raju a few times a week and we share some of our thoughts. This week we discussed how difficult some times can be but Christians know that this world is temporary and so are our struggles. We were not promised that life would be easy. Each culture is different, with it's unique problems. Riches and money do not bring happiness.

Paul understood struggles and hardships. He prayed that he would be made well but it was not granted.

II Corinthians 12: 8-10-----Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecution, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I continue to pray for our brothers in India.......that they will have relief from the rain, be warmed and have clean water. Their faith and perseverance, with the grace from God will make them strong. They also ask for your prayers.





No comments: