Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday in Antigua

Today was a relaxing day.

I worshiped with the congregation in Antigua and realized it had been a year since I had been there. Everyone was very friendly and it was good to see people again. Glen and Neva were there and they are doing well.

The exciting part of the day was then their friend, Alex, came and sat next to Glen. This is a young man that works in the park, shining shoes and Glen and Neva have become friends with him. Everyone was very friendly to him and he seemed to enjoy his time with us. You never know what seeds you plant and who you influence through your day.

The morning class was on prayer....it was very interesting. We read examples from the Bible on the different positions that people have used to pray. Since I have been here in Guatemala, it is almost natural to kneel. To me, it is a humble position. But the significant message is that it does not matter your physical position but the position of the heart.

I spent the afternoon with Mary and we ran around Antigua. Then we spent some time in her new apartment. It is very nice and I am sure that she will enjoy it.

No comments: