Thursday, January 26, 2012

Clinic in Chichi

Today, I went with Ruben and Tomas to work in the clinic in Chichi. We had 19 patients and I think 12-13 of them were diabetics. I really hope that in the next few months we can schedule the diabetic classes there.

We had several patients today that had blood sugars over 300. One patient, had not been to the clinc in 3 months and his blood sugar was 540. Ruben wanted him to go to the health department for insulin.

The young man finally agreed to go but then returned two hours later to tell us that they did not have any. I suggested that he go to Santa Elena in Santa Cruz to the hospital there. After we were finished seeing patients, Tomas and Ruben gave him a ride to the hospital. I hope that he can receive the help he needs and also that he sees the need to be more complient. He is too young to be having these types of problems.

One young mother came in with a fever that she has had for one week. She had firm mass in her breast. Ruben gave her some antibiotics and she will follow-up with him on Monday in Lemoa.

Tomorrow, I will go with the guys to La Estancia for clinic. I am sure it will be another great day!

No comments: