Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday in Chichi

Last Sunday, I worshiped with the congregation in Chichi so today I went to Quiche. There were about 40 people there and that is quite a few for this time of the day.

The lesson was real good and was taken from Psalms, the 51st chapter. So far, I am sure that many people have broken their New Year's Resolution for the year. There are many verses in this chapter that would serve us well if we thought about them on a daily basis. Maybe we could accomplish this.

verses 1 and 2------Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

Christians know they need continual cleansing and this is done by the blood of Christ. If we do not have access to that cleansing, we do not have the relationship with Christ that will bring salvation.

verse 10-----Create in me a pure heart, O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

As we know, the Trinity is sinless. God can not have any relationship with sin. Christ lived a sinless life on this earth, unlike us. So in order to be pure we need the blood of Christ. Our spirit needs to be steadfast. Our commitment must also be steadfast, not changing on a day-to-day basis.

This chapter is wonderful and full of inspiration and so many concepts to apply. Just something to think about....................

No comments: