Thursday, February 25, 2010

The surgical babies return for a visit

Today, we had 18 medical patients in the clinic. Four of the babies returned for their post-op visit. It was great to see them again and to see how well they all are doing. They were very active and there were no signs of infection.

Gaspar helped me with the consults. I gave each family the photos I had taken of them before the surgery and photos after. Today, they were able to compare and to see how much progress had been made. We talked with each family about how they felt about the clinic, the worship service on Sunday and different things we had talked about during the week.

This is Wilmer. He was as full of personality today as he was in the clinic.

His lip had been repaired when he was much younger so at the coast he had his palate repaired.

Edison has his lip repaired last year at the coast and this time they repaired his palate. While we were praying with them, his mother prayed, "God touch my heart so that I will hear your words and understand." I think that this is a prayer that we all should pray.

Edison is going to be a fine looking man!

This is Anastacia and her parents. They had been sitting a little farther away from each other so when I asked them to move closer, he put his arm on her shoulder. Not a very common action for many Guatemalans.

When Gaspar and I were talking to this family about The Bible, they seemed to be very interested. They said that they will meet me in Chichi in two weeks for worship. I told them I would be out in the street looking for them :)

Amelia and her parents were great today. They did not have any problems and Anestacia was as active as ever.

Amelia was really bruised after surgery but she is looking much better. She is healing well.

The parents just needed more reassurance that everything was fine. There is still a little redness and swelling but in time, their children will look even better. The next round of surgeries are in August so they will return in June to begin that process.



















No comments: