Wednesday, February 24, 2010

More adventures....................

Today, Tomas and I went to La Palma to see patients at clinic. Everyone was in different areas today. Lisa worked at home with things she needed to do. Josefina completed different things for her license. Marcos was in The City for education. Kemmel and the promoters were in Clinica Carris working on different projects. Later, I found out that Glenn was in the hospital waiting for surgery and Neva was with him.

I left Chichi at 0715 and picked up Tomas in Quiche. We went to La Palma to see patients and I have always loved that drive. On a clear day you can see over all of the mountains and it is just beautiful. The clinic was small with only two patients.

The first patient was diabetic and has been coming for control of his blood sugars. On his first visit, his blood sugar was over 400 and today he was 138 and feeling much better. We talked more about his diet and he will return in a month to see Josefina again. The next patient was a 19 year old that was pregnant. When we finished, I was not sure if she ran away with excitement or if she was scared to let people know. She told me that she was married 3-4 months ago but could not remember exactly when it was. I think there is more to that story.

When Tomas and I finished, we returned to Lemoa to see if we could help Kemmel and his crew. They were digging for water lines, rebuilding and cleaning the autoclave and who knows what else. That is when I found out that Glenn was in the hospital and had a "date" with Dr. Tom.

Dr. Tom is a surgeon that we use in Chichi for many of our patients. He had admitted Glenn to the hospital and planned a hernia repair for this afternoon. I parked the truck and then started walking to the hospital..........and then I met Neva in the street. She was walking home to have a quick lunch and then take some things back up to the hospital.

I walked with her to the house, ate a quick lunch and we grabbed a tuk-tuk back to the hospital. We had debated walking back but the tuk-tuk won and it was good because shortly after we arrived, a young lady came to wheel Glenn back to the OR. We prayed for a minute and then sat outside to wait.

In times like this, you can only pray and trust.

Psalms 18:1-2............I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

In about 90 minutes, we heard Glenn was doing well and then he returned to his bed. Please continue to pray for him as he heals from the surgery and continues to regain his strength.

Tomorrow is another day and more adventures................................

No comments: