Saturday, May 9, 2009

Days of Rest

Kemmel and Lisa were kind and let me have two days off........it allowed me time to get caught up on some things and get prepared for future events. Even though it is good to have a couple of days, it feels odd not going to clinic. I asked Lisa both days how clinic was and she said they were good.

I was able to finish some mountains of laundry, clean the house, prepare some photos we are using for diabetic teaching and prepare a suitcase for the June clinic. As many know, I will be in NC for a seminar on Community Health Evangelism. I am really excited about it but not sure why I needed to sign a health waiver and submit a copy of my health insurance......it may be more adventurous than I am thinking!

This afternoon, I walked up to Chichi and had lunch. There was a lot of traffic and some people that were not very happy. Two drivers were battling it out over who hit who.....between a mini-van driver and a parked construction truck. I know where I would place my vote. A huge tourist bus was trying to make its way through the streets and having a difficult time. The owner of one restaurant was very upset and came out into the street as the bus kept touching the roof tiles of his restaurant. The bus eventually rounded the corner after doing a 19-point turn.

I warn you.....do not have an apple pie craving in Chichi........it is not healthy. I visited 6 stores that I thought might have it and I was disappointed 6 times. Really, I was disappointed 7 times because I then realized I had also passed all of the ice cream stores. Maybe I will find some tomorrow in Santa Cruz......until then, this will have to suffice.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day! This is a warning for those of you who may have forgot.........run and buy a card, be prepared to call your mother or better yet........order her some roses :)

Tomorrow I will go to Santa Cruz for worship. My friend, Magda, said she will go with me if it is not raining..........hmmmmmm, I hope it stops raining.

No comments: