Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Clinic in Chuguexa

Gaspar, Juan and I had clinic in Chuguexa today. We had a total of 15 patients and that is good for this area. We had good luck with our travels today. We did not have to wait in any traffic lines for the road construction.

Of our 15 patients today, five were diabetics. One young man came to the clinic for the first time last month and his glucose was so high the meter could not read it. Today he was still "high" at 227 but he is on the right road and he said he is feeling better.

One other gentlemen for many months had a glucose in the 200-300 range This morning his glucose was 91. He was so thankful and kept saying how much better he felt. He no longer had all of the muscular aches and pains that he once had. I kept reminding him that we need to be thankful to God for the medicine and the blessings that we have.

Two patients needed medicine for worms. Juan giving this lady her medicine.......

....and this little girl also needed some.
As I mentioned, I kept redirecting the patient that was so excited because he is feeling better. It is very exciting to see patients improve but we can't lose sight from where our hope and our salvation comes.
Psalm 62:5-8
Find rest, oh my soul, in God alone;
and my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God,
he is my mighty rock and my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.

No comments: