Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Clinic in Chucam

Josefina and her group had clinic today in Chucam. It was their second clinic there so they were expecting many patients..........but today the children were celebrating Mother's Day in the school. They had a special program planned with a talent show for the mothers. There were over 300 people packed into a room that had pine needles tossed all over the floor.

The answer to yesterdays trivia question about Guatemalan Fruit Loops with marshmellows: there are six flavors and they are produced as a smile face. I did not notice that last night as I was eating them.

Now that we have discussed Guatemalan Fruit Loops, let's discuss another flavorful dish........which consists of malinas. When I was with Josefina last week in Panajxit, they were discussing eating these insects. I do not want to offend anyone but I will pass on this opportunity.

I recently updated the right side of the blog. I have added a link to the Brewer Road Iglesia de Cristo in Winston Salem, NC. They are continuing to grow and recently had several baptisms. There is also a link for Glenn and Neva. They are studying Spanish in Antigua and I know they would appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Please check these out when you have time. I have added new prayer requests and updated the thanksgivings. We always need to be thankful..........
Psalms 118:28-29
You are my God and I will give You thanks; you are my God and I will exalt You. Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.


No comments: