Thursday, May 31, 2018

Clinic with MET Students and Ladies Class

This morning we were all in Lemoa for clinic together.  It was probably a record number of people but all went well.  I think we ended up with about thirty-five patients. I had several patients with visual problems, diabetics and muscular pain.  Lisa stayed busy with her ultrasounds and IVAAs.

Speaking of which............................I had a scheduled class in Mactzul IV on Pap and IVAA.  This is the congregation that Brenda worships with so she went with me to translate.

We left in time to do a 2pm class.  Bethany, from Searcy went with us.  She will be a senior next year at Harding University and she is studying Spanish.

The class went well and then it was time to head back to Lemoa.  I had skipped lunch..........for those of you who know me well, you know that I do not like to eat before a class or presentation.  So as soon as we saw a store, I asked Bethany if she was hungry.  We jumped out and ran inside to raid it!  Then she tells me that it is the first time that she has been to a "tienda."

So, I ask her what she would like to drink and they have California Coconut in a bottle.  Well, here in Guatemala, you can not leave the store with the bottle, so they pour it in a plastic bag.  When I told her that she had to have her drink in a bag, she envisioned a brown paper bag around her bottle.  She thought it was very funny and it was a good laugh.  So this is Bethany and her first drink-in-a-bag experience in Guatemala.  It is also her first Tortrix and Club Cracker event.

I think that she will be eating more Club Crackers before she returns to The States.

We saw a beautiful rainbow and it watched over us as we drove to clinic. Unfortunately, the photo does not do it justice.

Tomorrow, we will head to Panajxit.  It is Enrique's community and dental (Aura and Martina) always beat me there on patients :(  Aura can be a little competitive! Maybe tomorrow will be different but I doubt it.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Cute blog, Sheri, I love it!!!!!

Sally said...

Two happy campers!