Friday, August 19, 2016

Hennessey and Baptisms

I realize that I am a few weeks behind in this blog.  When you notice that I do not blog for a few days. it is not because I am sitting or whatever but it is because we have had a lot of activities. 

Hennessey Church of Christ visited us before I went to the coast with the babies.  I want to tell you about a wonderful Sunday that we had together. 

We all headed to the pool in Sepela for a worship service with the Chijtinimit congregation, three baptisms and a lunch together.  This is before any activity took place.

 It is obvious that these are the best seats in the house!

 As you can see it takes some planning to get everything organized.

These are the three young people that want to be baptized.

Our group sees that Luis is going to begin.

Luis explaining the reason and the purpose of baptism.

One of the girls preparing.

This is the young man.  This photo reminds me of the scripture, "We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."  Romans 6:4  Without this new life, we have not hope.

There is always a private prayer between those doing the baptism before and after.

I do not mean to be disrespectful by taking photos during a prayer.  I have been with Kemmel many times when he has been asked to lead a prayer.  Some are very difficult......the last time was at a funeral of a baby.  Today was joyous over three new souls.

As we waited for lunch, we sat and chatted

The Hennessey group is special to us.  Anna is Lisa's sister and the congregation also helps support me so I can work here in Guatemala.  They visit every 2 years and we look forward to it!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I always look forward to your blogs and always enjoy them!!!! Love you!!!!