Saturday, June 8, 2013

Week in Montellano

As I mentioned in my last post, I would be going to Montellano.........................and that I did!  The driver picked me up on Sunday morning, at 0700 and we made our way.  I am always thankful for safe travels and again, I am thankful.

When I arrived, the worship service had started.  I could not find a seat in back, so I was encouraged to go to the front.  I sat next to Jeremy, who was in the MET Program last year and I sat behind Susan and Rick.

Carlos talked about Peter in his sermon and he talked about Peter walking on the water and then sinking. I told Carlos about my favorite part of the sermon and that I was going to share it here.  Carlos said, "We know that Peter was a fisherman.  We think of Peter probably being comfortable around the water but when he started sinking, he cried like a baby!"  It was just the way that Carlos expressed it that made it come alive.

The week at the coast was a very busy week.......very busy.  I did not have time to take many photos or even post any. I will do a week synopsis now.

This is Tomasa and Manuel.  Tomasa is a patient from Quejil, one of our newest clinics. She had a hernia repair.

I loved this look, between a father and daughter!

This was another content patient.

One of the little children and her mother.

 This is Dave and he came to pray with this patient.

This patient could not thank everyone enough before going home....................included are McKenzie, Aimee, Kay and Kasey.

As the week began to wind down......there was a little humor.........I told them I was going to call this, "The Beauty and the Beast."  Susan, on the left is Dave's wife.  Leslie, on the right, had the difficult task of working with me every day.

These are the Singing Susan's.............as they were cleaning beds.

A few minutes relaxing between cases.

When all of the surgeries were done, we reported off to the Guatemalan nurses.  Then, it was time to count the Demerol that we used..............Anora and Gretchen were as happy as I was, when Rosario smiled!!

On Friday morning, we headed to Antigua to enjoy the market.  I went to buy my usual 5 pairs of sunglasses from my usual booth.  When people saw my glasses, they wanted to go looking.  Margaret giving us a good laugh.  I really enjoyed listening to Margaret's stories this week :)

This is Jeanine and her friend, Kathy.  Jeanine has been down several times and we are hoping that Kathy will also return!

What a week it was.  I did not get a final count on the patients that we helped this week.  If I hear something, I will let you know.  I just know that it was a great week.  I was very tired when I returned to Chichi but MUCH richer than when I left......................because of everyone I met this week and the effort  put into taking care of the patients!  Thank you!





1 comment:

Mom said...

Great blog Sheri!!!!