Monday, June 10, 2013

Introducing Jaime!

When I was in Montellano last week, I received a call from Maury about another baby that needs surgery.  I told her that I would go to the clinic on Monday to meet the family.  What is special about this contact, is that it is made by Hector, who is now working for another organization..............so the news of Health Talents continues to spread.........that makes my heart sing!!

This is Jaime with his parents, Anna and Jesús. 

Jaime is 5 months old and weighs 14 pounds.  His father, also was born with a cleft lip and palate and had his repaired about 20 years ago.

This is Hector, with the family and also two of the MET students that were at the clinic today.  Amanda and Jonathan will be with us for a few more days and then they will go to Montellano.

Hector wanted a photo of us before they left.  They will return in July, with lab results.  If everything continues to look good, Jaime will have surgery in August.

I always ask the MET students for their thoughts when they are here.  I will share those now.

Amanda---I have liked working in the clinic here in Chichi, especially for cases like this where a child's life can be changed for the the better.  Also, the families are so kind, welcoming and hospitable to us.  I feel that they deserve whatever help we can give them.  No matter how much we try to help them, they always do more for us it seems.  I have learned so much from the people here in Chichi and it has only changed me for the better.

Jonathan---The MET Program has really opened my eyes to a world that I had no idea existed.  The HTI group is truly doing the work of God and ministering extensively to a people all over Guatemala.  For example, in the case of 5 month old Jaime, this perfect baby will be given a life-changing surgery that his parents would not be able to give him on their own.  Seeing cases like Jaime, really solidifies my desire to want to become a doctor.  I am seeing first-hand what it means to be humble and serve with all the talents bestowed upon us by the grace of God.

Amanda and Jonathan, thank you for your comments..........prayers for safe travels this week, great experiences in Montellano and safe travels back to The States.  Good luck with your continued studies!


No comments: