Monday, April 18, 2011

Let's begin Semana Santa!

Let's begin the week of Semana Santa and all of the festivities! This is the big holy week for Guatemala so there will be lots of food, activities, fiestas, fireworks, parades and did I mention food? It will be a fun week.

Today, Kemmel, Lisa, Maury and I held the clinic in Lemoa and we had 16 patients. The day went well. Maury, checked the people in and then I took their vital signs. Lisa did the consult and then Kemmel finished with them in the pharmacy. Sounds like a well-oiled machine, correct??

When Maury and I caught up, we started counting some pills. Maury had some helpers.......

This little girl wanted to show me her toothless smile........it brought pain to me........

Tomorrow morning, I will head to the coast with Lisa and Kemmel. Several months ago at one of our meetings, we offered to work the post-op clinic so the HTI staff could have the day off due to the holiday. So, all of the patients who had surgery last week, should be coming for their post-op visit. I heard there will be 82! It will be good..........and as you have heard me say before, it will be HOT! But that is ok.....we can deal with it for a couple of days :)

No comments: