Friday, April 15, 2011

Clinic in La Estancia

Today I went to La Estancia with Manuel and Tomas. This is usually one of Josefina's clinics but she needed to go to the city today.

Usually, the clinic is held in a home that is also a bakery. Because we are entering Semana Santa, we held the clinic across the street. Well, there were no patients when we arrived so we waited for about an hour and then I just had to go and buy some bread.

I wish I had taken my camera because it was very interesting. The guys who usually hang out during clinic were dressed in their baking garb. There was piles and piles of flour and bags of broken egg shells. There were many levels of bread that lined the wall. I walked back to the guys with the bread.

Well, the bread was awesome. Very soft in the middle and crunchy with a little sweetness on top. The guys and I ate about half of the loaf and took the rest home with us.

We only had four patients for the day. That was kind of sad but we expected the number to be low.

We had more barn yard activity than we had patients.

There was a lot of squawking going here and I could not tell if she liked it or was trying to get away from it.

This rooster kept adding his few cents.....and he sure was loud for being so small.

None of the noise bothered her..........

It was a good day. But I will let you know.......I tried to eat the bread later and it was just NASTY! It has to be eaten fresh out of the oven or you can play hockey with it! This is just the truth.

No comments: