Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Clinic in Chuguexa

Today the guys and I headed for Chuguexa. We had no problems during our travel and we are always thankful for that!

When we arrived, there were a few patients wating. In this clinic, people arrive slowly so this gave us hope that a few more would arrive.

When we stepped out of the truck and climbed the embankment to the clinic, the dust was several inches thick......and that is no exageration! When I reached the top, I stopped to knock the dust off my shoes. The dust flew!

I do not know why but I thought of Jesus teaching the disciples. He told them that when they went somewhere where they were not welcomed or their words were not welcomed, to shake the dust off their feet. I am glad this was not our case today. We are always welcomed here.

We had eight patients so it was a short day.

I asked Juan if he wanted to drive us home. He hesitated at first but with some encouragement, decided he would. I sat in the back seat and relaxed. Driving on the highway gives him more confidence and he is doing very well.

When I returned to Santa Cruz, I walked to town to buy a few things. On the way home, I stopped for a blackberry frozen ice cream and listened to Curtis Stigers. Half way home the moon came out to smile on me...................


...................life is very good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a beautiful smile!