Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Clinic in San Jorge

This morning, Sara, Cesibel and I went to San Jorge. There is a study going on in Lemoa, so some of our promoters are taking part in that group.

This turkey was a our first patient of the day.  She sat right next to the scale and patiently waited her turn.

When this chicken came out of hiding, we all busted up laughing.  Talk about a case of having ruffled feathers!! 

Maybe it was trying to start a new feather-style!

Last time I was in San Jorge, I talked with a young couple that was about to give birth to their first child!  I want to introduce you to Hedrick!

These are the proud parents.  For those of you who know people in Sacapulus, this is the daughter of the family where we have our clinic.  Her mom is Anna and her dad was Martin.  They all asked me today when Roger and Marybeth will be back to visit! Please be aware, that you are thought of often. 

It was a good day but a very HOT day.  San Jorge is always very warm but today was exceptional.  As we waited for more patients to arrive, Sara and I walked to a store to find some cold water.  It was nice to get back to the cool area of Chichicastenango.

No comments: