Thursday, April 11, 2013

Clinic in Chichicastenango

Sara and I met Tomas and Enrique this morning and we started clinic.  We had 17 patients and again, it was quite a variety of patient problems.

We had several diabetics, which is typical for Chichi. Two of them are brother and sister and are not well controlled at all. I talked to the guy that helps with clinic about having a Diabetic Class.  He said he will get back with me on a day that will work for them.

There was a gentleman that has had a significant eye infection for 6 months.  

While we were seeing patients, I got a phone call from Manuel.  He is the gentleman that lives in Xepol.  He wanted to know what day we were coming to his house to talk about the Bible.  I called Gaspar and they agreed on meeting in the morning.  I will be going to Chuchuca with our group but hope this meeting will go well. we will see what happens. 

After clinic, Sara and I walked back to our houses.  It was a nice afternoon for a walk!

Back at home to pack for Chuchuca.  We will spend the night there and see ABC patients for dental care and also deliver water filter replacements. It will be an adventure!

No comments: